This page will be automatically updated as each Workspace articles are added to the Blog.
All Blog Posts for Family Tree Maker Version 2014
Family Tree Maker 2014 - Program Updates
FTM2014 Update to 184.108.40.2060 (for 32 bit PC) and 220.127.116.110 (for 64 bit PC)
If you have a problem with the Automatic Update, please use the above (update) link and scroll down to where it says "Manual Installation"
Below are the various Workspaces and blog posts that describe what is in that Workspace.
FTM2014 - Plan Workspace
- 2014 Plan - Download Tree
- 2014 Plan - Link to an Ancestry Member Tree
- 2014 Plan - New Tree
- 2014 Plan - Open Existing Tree
- 2014 Plan - Restore from Back Up
- 2014 Plan - Select a Tree
- 2014 Plan - Task List
FTM2014 - People Workspace
- 2014 People - Branch Export
- 2014 People - Customize View
- 2014 People - Name
- 2014 People - Navigation
- 2014 People - Person View
- 2014 People - Sort
- 2014 People - Tree View
FTM2014 - Places Workspace
FTM2014 - Media Workspace
- 2014 Media - Description
- 2014 Media - Details
- 2014 Media - Filename
- 2014 Media - Links
- 2014 Media - Notes
- 2014 Media - PDF
FTM2014 - Sources Workspace
- 2014 Sources - CleanUp
- 2014 Sources - Media
- 2014 Sources - Template
- 2014 Sources - Use Existing
- 2014 Source - Template Web Address
- 2014 Publish - Charts
- 2014 Publish - Other
- 2014 Publish - People
- 2014 Publish - Person
- 2014 Publish - Relationship
- 2014 Publish - Source
- 2014 Publish - Undocumented Facts
Family Tree Maker Tool Bar
Trouble Shooting Installation Issues
Some specific Blog Posts:
Open Existing FTM2012 with FTM2014
This set of instruction will continue to allow you to open that FTM2012 file in FTM2012.
Open an Existing FTM2014 file
A new way to select an existing FTM2014 file
Other Options to Open a File
This includes Starting with what you know and downloading an existing Ancestry Member Tree (AMT)
- Please remember that you can Search the Blog for articles on your topic. Try to use one word as the keyword. Blog post's are listed with the most recent at the top or beginning of the list.
- I am currently working blog posts by Workspace, focusing on new features that have not been available in the past, followed by changes or updates to existing features, then other blog posts as I see Questions or Issues that can be best explained in a Blog Post.
- There are many features in FTM2014 that have been discussed in previous blog posts. Those are not on the top of my list of blog posts. If you are looking for something specific, check previous versions of Family Tree Maker, starting with FTM2012 and working back to FTM2008
Reminder: There are links to many Help and Training Resources in the Menu at the top of the blog.