Thursday, November 20, 2014

FTM2014 - Information Overload from Quaker Meeting Records

How I am handling the U.S., Quaker Meeting Records, 1681-1935 collection from Ancestry.com. This collection, for me, presents a different approach for recording the data. Most times, I will use the Web Merge Feature to get my data from Ancestry.com into FTM2014.
In my example, a page has 19 people listed, 16 of which are my family, already in my database. Instead of doing 16 Web Merges, I am going to work on a Page at a time and line at a time for my citations. Each Line is a Person. On this page, there are 13 Facts that I picked up per line. I link the page image to each Citation, the citation includes the Line Number and the Page Number.


Is this the best way to handle this type of information? I don't know, but it really works for me.
_______________________________________________________________
Copyright © 2014 by H R Worthington

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here

Print Friendly